Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help:removing windows

Is there a way that I can completely remove windows 98 and install a fresh copy of the operating system without losing all other files? Whats important to me are my downloaded files and mp3's. Is there a way that I can remove windows completely?

Unless you have Windows installed on a seperate hard drive/partion i think you're out of luck on this one pbatacan:tears:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Ahuhuhuhuhuh:( :( :( So you mean that I can't uninstall it? What i have to do is to format it again completely??????

Actually, i have re-installed 98se over an existing install. I've been running XP Pro so long that 98se seems like a past life experience. It installs it as Win02 directory so you can delete the first directory. So, try re-install over your current one, it's worth a shot. :D

So, this is what i'm going to do. First install 98se in another directory? then after successful reinstall, delete the old windows folders? Thanks for the help!

The re-install will automatically put it in a new directory.

You could try this (be sure to read to Step 6 b4 ya think I've given ya a wrong link) or ya could try Partition Magic to create a 2nd partition (2 partitions are good and ya wouldn't of had this dilemma) but when ya do reinstall SE be sure to install the missin' .vxd files.

Thread Information