Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: COMPAQ Welcome Screen

Can someone Tell me how to replace or get rid of the COMPAQ welcome screen when you turn on the computer
    Its pissing me off
    Thx
    ( I am talking when you turn you pc ON the COMPAQ sign comes on )

Beefy Guest

Some branded computers can't be changed (as far as I know). Compaq just like being a pain in the ass with their computers. If you enter the BIOS, there is a slight chance that there will be an option to turn off the Compaq logo... but like I said, I doubt it.

If you press TAB during boot, however, it should take you to a normal post screen (only for that boot though...)

compaq are one of the worst at this

they have in the past released their versions of windows - which means that u cannot upgrade your OS

Yeah, Compaq's aren't designed with the tweaker in mind.
    Most of them don't even make the BIOS available - what you actually get is a limited system configuration utility.
    They really take a lot of system options away so it makes support easier and cheaper. (that's their view anyway)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

the best you could hope for would be to find out what board you have and flash the bios on the board. I did that to a friend's gateway machine to rid of the screen

i dont know but on some of the compac PC's have the startup screen on the BIOS but some older ones have it on the hard drive with most of the drivers, this was on a seperate partition i saw it on fdisk it registers as a very small non primary partition that might be it. but most probobly its not

Thread Information