Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet explorer history

Hey, i am having a few problems deleting history. I have tried using the delete feature right within IE, i have gone through the hard drive, ran spyware programs, adware programs....yet nothing deletes them!

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

Tools > Internet Option > Clear History
    You did that?
    You could also go
    Content tab > Autocomplete
    for forms and passwords you want gone.
    You do mean your visited sites when you say "history," don't you?
    Delete Files and Delete Cookies buttons in internet options might also be what you're looking for.

this wont really help you right now, but once you get it all cleaned up you may want to consider a browser that respects your privacy
    ...like Firefox for example.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I should have seen that coming. :P

But Mozilla is much better. You can open stuff in new tab with a single click, much easier than shift-clicking to open in a new window with IE. Lots of other stuff too. I only use IE for Windows Update, personally.

Try a program called Winroot Windows Washer. It is a great program that eliminates all the major history files your computer might save and even has plugins to delete other history files. It can be found at www.webroot.com and works great! 8)

Yo cant try it if you want. But some of the clearing features simply don't work (or at least not on some systems I have seen using them). It should clear your IE history, however.

Have you had problems with it Yawg? It's removed absolutely everything I have ever needed. I've been using it for at least 3 versions or so now.

yeah, its still leaving stuff, i dont know whats wrong....are there any specific virus'/ spyware that would store it, i tried the root washer...but no dice. The main problem is with the search bar, past items just wont leave.

God damn it to hell!

Thanks for past advice, but i need MORE!

Thanks, Vivi1212

The search bar as in when you click the search button (not the addrees bar). I don't think that's part of IE, it's part of Windows itself. Try running disk cleanup (start > programs > accessories > system tools > disk cleanup).

Edit: This is assuming you're using Windows XP.

EHHHHHHH it's all good, i found an awesome program (spybot search and desroy) it fixed everything up all nice.

Thanks for the help

Keep it real, Vivi1212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information