Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cant get into add/remove progs

im running xp pro and i keep getting this message when trying to get into add/remove in the control panel. this didnt used to happen. and ideas?

Start > Run > services.msc
    From there, you will need to either use a screenshot or list the services set to automatic and manual. My guess would be that one of these is disabled and needs to be automatic or manual. It could be something else entriely though.

Definetely try a virus scan, get AVG from my signature if you don't have an antivirus program.

Also try a spyware scan, get Ad-Aware from my signature (even if you already have a spyware program).

Mess around in control panel and make sure everything else works. The specific service I am suspecting may be turned off is Windows Managment Instrumentation. I haven't tried disabling it myself, but based on its description alone, I imagine it's important to conrtol panel stuff (like Add\Remove Programs.

thanks a lot for thne fast reply, i just fixed it right before you replied. it turned out to be a problem with a windows theme. another victory for google.

Thread Information