Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTFS HELL

Good luck. :thumb:
    Not much choice but to drop that hardware if they can't get it fixed.

Why would a wireless card cause such a problem and is it only revelant when both elements are thrown into the equation(Ntfs+wirless connection) :confused:

I think it is relevant because no matter what I am still using the card(connected) and it is still using my resources.

Wireless cards cause lots of problems. Windows just doesn't like them (and they don't like it much).

But your going to use it no matter what? If this can't be fixed, some hardware switching, even if it costs money, would probably be best.

Why do you think that?

Which part? :roll:
    "...hardware switching would be best." Or "Wireless cards cause lots of problems...."

Both are illustrated within this topic and shouldn't need much further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    Which part? :roll:
    "...hardware switching would be best." Or "Wireless cards cause lots of problems...."

Both are illustrated within this topic and shouldn't need much further discussion.
    Take a look at his title and that may give ya a hint (and no I didn't give it to him even though I did suggest it).

I meant the part about why do you think Wireless cards cause so many problems. Because I've never had any bad expierences with them and most of the Reviews and Articles I've read lately have had only good things to say about the fairly new tech.

Let's see, I've had about 5 cards die on me, all of them even got me to call tech support. Linksys seems to think it's not their stupid fault when a brand new card won't work on a fully updated XP machine (and they tell you uninstall certain critical updates) or a fresh install one. The most succesful wireless product I ever used (Routers don't count) was a Siemens peedStream wireless USB device. It would malfunction every few weeks and need to be moved to a different USB slot. Because of my problems with certain Linksys devices, I would have to reformat and reinstall XP in order to get it working on my parents computer. My dad got so fed up with that that he said not to bother about it, we'd just get dial-up for the basement computer even though all of the others get wired to the cable. My dad is kind of a moron in this area anyway, but I really don't like using wireless networks. Because of these problems we eventually tore up the carpet (needed new carpet anyway, though), and sent a pair of connected 50-foot cat5 cables under the carpet just so I could have wired in my room. It wasn't entirely software problems either, the hardware would just break and not work on XP, 98SE, or even Linux where applicable. I have seen many other people complain about problems (mainly problems that they were not at faut for) with wireless PCI cards and USB devices and now this... A wireless USB adapter messing with the friggin file system. I have several of the top companies in wireless technology on my black list because of bad hardware.

That's why I think there are problems with wireless cards.
    So much for leaving it at:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    I have had pretty bad experiences with wireless stuff myself, never this bad though. I can remember calls with Linksys with instructions to uninstall critical Windows updates.

Too many people to send PMs to, so I'll just say it here. Please try to keep useless posts and flames out of the tech forums. While I do enjoy deleting them, i have better ways to spend my time. thank you.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information