Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Playback problems

duplicate, server problem

I have never seen a spyware removal program other than Adware and Spybot Search and Destroy that was good
    Try the new Ad-aware... it really is sweet... especially the new adware definitions updater... wow..
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Well I suggest you get rid of that batman game. It's probably just a method for the virus to be delivered to your computer. That said, it's possible, albeit extremely unlikely, that this is a legitamate file that is in way a worm.

If the virus isn't being found by antivirus programs, than they might just not have defintion, yet. Symantec doesn't have virus definitions for download immediately, and netiher do AVG or McAfee (have you updated Norton recently?). I didn't read the McAfee instructions. Evidently, they were just giving instructions to turn off system restore. The other link seems to not be working, so maybe you just didn't recieve good instructions (or I missed something at the McAfee site). Click herefor the Symantec instructions. If the Symantec instructions seem to be totally irrelevant (the files and registry values mentioned don't exist), it's possible that this is a real file used for this game you downloaded and no malicious intent. If you have problems removing things, turn off system restore (and Roxio go back) when attempting to remove stuff. You can also try simply turning it off in msconfig, but it's likely that it will just turn itself back on (I have seen viruses do this on occasion).
    I imagine this virus could be causing the problem (in addition to other, more serious, but less apparent ones). If it connected to a remote server to report your usage of, say, video files, it could cause this temporary slowdown. But, based on what Symantec thinks it does, I would consider it a very likely possibility that the presence of this virus and your video problem is a coincedence. If you remove this virus (and you never see it in task manager) and you still can't get video to play normally, it could be a driver or hardware problem of some sort. I don't think it's likely, but try updating your drivers for everything. Various motherboard components, particularly, in addition to your already-updated video card drivers.

If all else fails, reinstalling Windows XP and possibly reofrmatting your hard drive should ifx this. If not, you have a hardware malfunction or verybad drivers.

Well beats me, these folks don’t’ call it a virus at all. http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/devldr32/
    and the description would make sense why it is running as a process. Go figure.
    I am not going to worry about it any longer. The “virus” devldr32.exe was first discovered over a year ago, according to Symantec, my virus definitions are up to date, as I mentioned, and a virus sweep cam up clean. So in all likelihood this is only a small utility. Yes, the first thing I did was uninstall the game, tears or no tears.
    Everything on my PC runs just fine and I see no reason for the minor glitch with the video alone, to reinstall the OS.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Oskar

Damnit. I wasted my own time because of one small mistake. I'm feel like beating myself up (literally) right now.

http://www.reger24.de/prozesse/Dvldr32.exe.php
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/devldr32/

Notice the spelling difference?
    I'm so pissed off at me right now. :grr:

Did you update the drivers, though? This isn't worth reinstalling over, I agree, but updating your motherboard drivers can really help (you said you have a Dell? They should have the drivers you need. And if you get it under, say, 22 processes I bet it would indicate whether it's a performance issue or not.

:shoot3: me :hammer: :shoot2:

Hey, don’t do it! :no:
    I know a lot more now than when I started this thread. I realy enjoyed the most animating sparing sessions. You guys are something else in this forum, a most knowledgeable group of helpful people.
    I will check with DELL for a mother board update.

Cheers,
    Oskar

Yawgm0th,for someone who thinks Norton= :laugh: :rofl: , then?

If you think they suck then, Post the Removal instruction from Mcaffe's site,.....Then you could prove to everyone just how Much Norton sucks...

:devil win :shh:

[rant]WTF are you talking about? I'm not even 100% sure which places you're being sarcastic, so bare with me if my response is confusing based on your lack of communication skills.

First, I did post the McAfee instructions.
    Second, I use Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition. However, I do not like Norton personal very much. IMO, AVG is better. I don't like McAfee at all.
    Third, I already said it wasn't a virus.
    Finally, this issue was ended over a week ago. You just spammed. Not the kind of behavior someone desiring to become a moderator should have.
    Did you even read the whole post?
    I can't even tell if your agreeing with me and implying McAfee is better, or defending Norton. The latter seems to be more likely, but I can't tell for sure.

One final note:
    We try to avoid arguing over it too much, but the majority of the veteran (and former veterans that left) here will agree that AVG is better than the personal version of Norton. Many will go above that and argue with me that the free version of AVG is even better that Symantec AV Corp. In any case, starting an arguement over it in a thread that the creator ended over a week ago is not the way we do things. If you want to argue about antivirus programs, go post in my thread at Beefy's Forums here.[/rant]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information