Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Terminated unexpectedly.....

I forget exactly when this started but out of nowere this error pops up saying that the Remote Procedure Call terminated unexpectedy System Shutdown in 1:00. I found that this only occurs when my internet is connected...

So I unplugged my internet and restarted the computer, my friend told me to turn on your firewall and plug the internet back in (he had the same problem) then restart the computer. I did and it seemed to work for the most part until I wanted to receive something over MSN and had to disable my firewall. Then the error popped up again and my comp shutown.
    I went into Services and Applications to turn the RPC off because I didnt want to have my firewall on all the time, but i noticed that it was very important so I just set it so instead of shutting down the computer when it fails just to restart the service instead.

But my BIG question is why the hell does it keep on failing and is there a way I can stop it without "cheating" my way around it??? :(
    Tibia Amera

it might be a good idea to check the STICKY threads first, as this was fairly big news a while ago.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/viewtopic.php?t=12529
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Thread Information