Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I have a question about disabling downloading

I have three kids and I was wondering if there is any way I can disable the downloading (from the internet) from one account? The oldest kid is ALWAYS downloading something, and it always contains spyware or something that I have to clean up. Is there some way I can disable the downloading a this user? I've looked all over microsoft's site and found nothing. This is getting agravating. :evil:
    Asus P5N32-E SLI mobo
    E6600
    Zalman 9700 led Heatsink
    Thermaltake Extreme Spirit NB heatsink
    Corsair XMS2 PC2 8500 (2gigs)/with fans
    Ocz Gamestream 700 watt psu
    Geforce 7900gs oc Video card
    Half a tarabyte hard drive space
    Thermaltake Saprano case

Log in as the user you want to restrict and then open up your Internet Explorer program. From there you will want to go to Tools-->Internet Options and select the tab labeled "Security". Make sure the first icon toward the top is highlighted labeled Internet. At the bottom of this window you should have a button labeled "Custom Level...". Click this and you will be brought to some security options. Scroll down until you hit the second main header labeled "Downloads" and you will see the first option is a pair of radio buttons which will let you enable or disable file downloads.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

In the same area, you can also do other things to prevent spyware from infecting your system. Disabling downloading of any ActiveX controls, particularly, may be useful. You will need to re-enable them to make some sites fully functional (usually a one-time only agreement is enough). This mayprove to be incredibly annoying, but the other option won't prevent a lot of the spyware out there, and, depending on what your son downloads, may not prove useful at all.

If you are in need of a spyware removal program, Ad-Aware (available from the link in my signature), is widely considered to be one of, if not the best anti-spyware program.

If we still had sigs... :roll:

yeah, a lot of good info has been lost with the signatures

http://www.lavasoft.de/

my personal favorite is Spybot Search & Destroy because of the immunization features;
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by #Hashx#
    If we still had sigs... :roll:
    Damnit. Forgot because *cough* other forums I belong to still have them. *cough*

Use both ad-aware and spybot for maximum protection.

Thread Information