Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Highjacking Browswer and Search Assistant!

I am about to go to "Opera."

I have WinXP Sp1.

My searching assistant is Google.

I have a special homepage designed by myself that I go to when I log on to IE6.

BUT, everyday something happens and, after working fine most of the day, my homepage disappears and the Google search assistant is gone.

Inevitable the search assistant tries to log on to "Hot-Search..." and so does the browser.

I have eliminated any trace of files, gifs etc that could lead to "Hot-Search" including in the registry.

Still, even without its pages, the browser simply deletes my "homepage" info, and inserts its malicious virus.

Before I toss Windows XP in the dust bin and go to the "Opera" what should I do to prevent this highjacking of my PC from happening?

Hot-Search by the way is owned by irregistry.com which I have a feeling is owned by MS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Get Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy (Google them yourself). For additional help in locating specific changes with IE, get HijackThis.

I tried Ad-aware and did not do any good. Same thing with Highjackthis...

I'll try Spybot Search and Destroy see what it does. However, the files must be somewhere.

I have no problem looking, I just can't seem to look in the right place.

Thanks...

Peter

Thread Information