Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The Channel Is Connected

I recieved a window that "The Device is Connected to Channel 1" What does this mean. Can anyone help me? :?:

Do you have any idea what device we're talking about here?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

No, I have no idea what device Windows was talking about. I got the standard gold-toned window that was titled "The Device is Connected". In the message area was "The Device is connected to channel 1". I was online at the time, but have never seen this message before. I use a dial-up connection and was just surfing around. A friend of mine had just logged in and through my IM, I was notified that he was now online. I have never received the message in the past, nor have I recieved it since. I have no router, just the Windows XP firewall, spybot search and destroy and also use McAfee Virus-Scan. This issue just concerned me due to all the crap that goes on over the net and I wanted to know what if anything happened. Any ideas.

If you were browsing in Internet Explorer, I guess it could have been that. Try Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com. You might have some spyware or something. I wouldn't be too worried about it, though.

I have not tried Adaware yet but Tech Tv's Call For Help strongly suggests that everyone uses it. I haven't seen or experienced any adverse reaction since I received that message, it was just new and I was concerned what it meant. I'll leave this posting open for a few more days. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

Thread Information