Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: This months bugs.:(

Can anyone shed some light on these issues?

My XP pro is giving me "java error" nag messages when I visit a motorsports forum. It started after I cleaned and defraged my hard drive.

My wifeys old 633 celeron pc will not allow me to do a scandisk for drive errors. I get a nag message that says it has restarted 10 times, but something is writing to the hard drive. It says to close down the runnig program. (I could find no program running).It would not allow me to defrag either. After running defrag for one hour the percent complete was 0%.
    I did put Nortons internet security 2004 on it, so that might be the culprit. I am trying to remove it at this time, but it is taking forever to get it to uninstall.
    Thanks for any advice...:)

Can't do much without knowing specific errors. But, you can try dwonloading Java from www.java.com.

For defragmenting, you should try Diskeeper Lite:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dkeeperlite.html
    Pressing Ctrl + Alt+ Delete should show you what programs are running. The only one you need is Explorer. Closing all others should allow you to defragment your hard drive with the tool that comes with the OS (98, I assume).
    But Diskeeper should do a better job.

It is always something........:(
    The Java bug came after a defrag, why that had an effect on it, I dont know.
    Each time you click on a threas it says:
    "Object expected" and then shows the http addy. It has an "OK" box to click on, but then the requested page comes up as though there was no nag meesage there. Hopefully, I will not have to install XP yet again.

Try what I said and also try messing around in Internet Options (accessable from Control Panel and Internet Explorer). Somewhere in there is an option to disable those messages.

Thread Information