Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: wots DCOM error means? help plz!

my pc's monitor suddenly turned black, then followed by a restart on its own. When i looked at the "Event Viewer" on the Control Panel. I got this message error on DCOM thingy. Did anyone had this problem before? If so.. Help on how to slove this plz!

thanks in advance!

is it an RPC/DCOm error box that pops up after connecting to the internet? then you may have a virus worm on your PC. I suggest turning on WinXP's built-in firewall before you connect to the internet [preferably with the network cable unplugged]. then after XPs firewall is turned on connect to the internet and make sure you do a windows update. download all the patches deemed critical.. that should help somewhat. once thats done do a virus scan on your PC..

@ DigitalDD

is that a form of virus? really? I thought its just my graphics card giving me some trouble. But all the updates, patches, and critical updates you were talking about are already installed on my system.

thanks for the reply

you may have gotten the worm before you applied the latest patches. I still suggest you do a virus scan ASAP.

Thread Information