Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Help needed regarding service timeout change

Bagle.N has decided that EVEN in safemode w/cmd prompt that it wants to timeout to shutdown lsass.exe. Yes, ya'll know the 60 sec til shut down crap that we all saw with blast. I am fully prepared to remove the damn thing so long as i can get more than 60sec to run a cmd prompt cleaner. Anyone know how to either change the lsass servie to not want to shut down, or (and i know this is possible via cmd prompt, thou not necessary) anyone know how to change the timeout from 60sec to say 999sec?

Oh yeah, and glad to be back, welcome... blah blah blah.... working 80hrs/week give me a break.

:)

hmmmm...... AVG has a cmd prompt version. Ig uess im stupid for not having tried that as it doesnt seem to piss off lsass.exe

I hope this works...

Scroll down to removal instructions:
    http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/da...sser.worm.html

BTW, this is the Sasser, not Bagle.N. Bagle.N is what Panda calls some other worm.

Thats actually just for sasser and requires one to be able to run a scan. I have Bagle.N worm and am unable to boot into a normal window without SLOWNESS. I think i've got however i'd still like to know if it is possible to extand the time to shutdown for either a LSASS.exe failure or a SVCHOST failure. Possibly from 60sec to 999sec. I know it is possible somewhere in admin tools, and somewhere via command prompt.

You would already be done if you had just followed my instruction....

I apologize. I didn't see that part simply because you used a link on sasser.

:cheers:
    No problem. :D
    Besides, you have the Sasser. First Google result for Bagle.N:
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_i...&idvirus=45593

And the Symantec version:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...agle.m@mm.html

These shutdown viruses (Sasser, Blaster, etc.) are annyoing, though. It's good to remember this kind of stuff for removing viruses in the future.

Make sure you use Windows update and all that good crap after your done. You might just get it again otherwise. :P

:cheers:

My problem wasn't that i didn't have the fix. I've got fixes to a dozen virii including Bagle, and Sasser. Howver, the shutdown timout was stopping me, and i didn't read far enough into your post to understand you were giving me exactly what i needed. That and i've been working on a half dozen PC's since 8am this morn, and it's now midnight. Maybe i should know how to stop the shutdown sequence if my job is a PC tech. Go figure...

Thx

Well now that i've run AVG in safe mode w/cmd it won't let me log back on to safe /cmd. It will start and comes up with the login screen, but then logs off immediately. Any thoughts?

Whatever. I'll hit it again in the morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information