Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows Install Prob :S

When i bought my pc it came with windows already installed. There was no disk, i rang the company and asked them how i format without a CD. They told me to press F10 on boot as it says "Press F10 Now To restore" anywayz.

My windows fooked up and i couldnt get as far as this message as it would just restart. I formatted but now cannot get the original windows back on.

The windows install is in another partiion but i cannot get it to come up.
    Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers
    Kev

01001101 Guest

what's the brand and model of your PC?

Carrera SSC

( www.carrerassc.co.uk ) worst customer service ... ever

01001101 Guest

the Student Special I assume? Anyway, most companines that store the install media on the HDD usually will have documentation on their website for just such an event. Generally, it's only done by large OEM companies that are trying to save some money (CDs and DVDs may not seem very expensive until are a sending out millions of them). Most smaller compaines don't have the need to store it on the HDD, and it usually in their best intrest to provide it all on a CD/DVD. Clearly this company doesn't think so and hasn't posted any documentation, shame on them.

Do you know what this hidden partition is formated with? You may be able to access the partition with a generic boot disk if it's fat16/32. NTFS will be a little tricker, but it can still be done.
    Once you access the partition, look for some documentation. It might even have something to create a specialized floppy to restore your system with.

*However, in your formating, if you also formated this partition, then you're screwed (to put it bluntly). If that's the case, you will probably have to buy a new copy of the OS (unless you can work something out with the OEM company) and any apps you want.

The partition is Fat32, it is still on there and can view the files with partion magic pro, i'll look for some documents on there in a minute, cheers

Thread Information