Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Comp while using tweak guides

Was doing the guide Reformat to relax and I think I was around the area of MSCONFIG and services - registry editor and when I was done editing I rebooted. When my comp started loading up the desktop, I got a blue screen saying there was a problem. I rebooted again, got the screen again, and rebooted on safe mode. I tried using system restore to an earlier date and now when my computer starts up, it acts as if i have no display drivers. When i go to display settings and advanced, it doesnt say anything about my driver, and cant look at my opengl, or color settings and what not. And when i try uninstalling my drivers, it says theres an error and cant uninstall them, so now im stuck. =/

01001101 Guest

this is why you don't rush through things like this. What does the BSOD error say? There are hundreds of possible errors. What is this one, specifically?

I don't suppose you bothered to backup any of those registry keys you were so eager to change?

i took my time through it actually, dont remember what the problem said, but after using system restore i was able to get back on my desktop, but now its just acting like if i didint have any video car drivers

01001101 Guest

alright, I appologize for that comment. :)

Have you tried reinstalling the same driver package again?

Np, actually i think i may have found what the problem is. If i go to msconfig it says ATI Smart is stopped, and that has something to do with my vid card. However, ATI Smart is set to automatic under services.msc.

Does "device manager" say you are running standard vga drivers? Has Windows loaded the stock drivers for your card? I think re-installing your drivers will fix the problem.

01001101 Guest

you don't need ATI Smart Enabled. in fact I've got it disabled on mine, as well as Ati HotKey Poller.
    If I were you, I would simply reinstall the same driver you had been using. It may very well rewrite some of the reg keys you chaged.

Why not just restore your registery backup that you should've done?

hmm. I reinstalled the drivers and it works fine now, should i disable ATI smart and ATI Hot key poller, then?

01001101 Guest

yes, unless you want the features they are provided for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information