Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help Please

Yesterday I was using my pc when suddenly there was a small power failure, the computer didnít turn off (in the bios is set to stay off after power failure) but the screen went black so I pushed the reset button and got a terrible surprise, an blue screen with the message:
    STOP 0x000000ED (0x81737E30, 0xC00000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000), The same message followed after trying to boot with safe mode and all the other options available.
    I used the disc to boot and it got me to Windows Set Up, so I selected recover the installation, so I typed dir C: and I got:
    An error occurred during directory enumeration.
    My disk has 3 partitions C, D, E. D and E are fine so I tried to use check disk and it cant be found, and when I used the command to make the partitions it shows me that I have 3 partitions C is there but showing 100% free space and it has no name and again D and e are fine.
    So here it goes, is there any way I can get back the info in the C drive?

What version of Windows are you using? Older versions had a habit of sometimes corrupting system files when not shut down properly. WinXP generally has better manners and doesn't frag system files nearly as often as the older versions.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Err how could I forget something that obvious :shock: :? :oops:
    Iím using windows XP Professional. I found some programs on the web that recover data from the HD I used one that had a trial and it ďrecoveredĒ most of my data even after I reformatted and reinstalled windows (Iím deeply regret because if I didnít I could have everything back) but they charge many $$$$$ for the service and the trial gives me a quota of only 500k so Iím going to find someplace around here to see if they do the job for a better price.

Thread Information