Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC2 Available

Copied (and editted for various reasons) from Minibubba's post at a certain site which shall go unnamed:

At neowin.net...
    "To aid IT professionals in planning and testing for the deployment of Windows XP SP2, Microsoft is making available this preview, based on Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of the SP2. Additionally, we have established 11 newsgroups for sharing information.

If you are only updating one machine, you should install the Windows XP SP2 RC2 via Windows Update. In most cases, your download time will be greatly shortened, and when you are done, you will also have the Release Candidate version of the Windows Update V5 client installed."

Download: Windows XP SP2 RC2 Express Installer (via Windowsupdate)
    Download: Windows XP SP2 RC2 Network Installation
    View: View Release Notes and Information
    News source: Microsoft TechNet Previews

I'll be downloading and installing tonight to test whether or not it works on corporate (legitimate or not) as there were reports of the previous version not installing on any corporate XP Professionals.

I seem to be having difficulties downloading it; it's stuck at 1.6MB (out of 100MB). I may have to save it for tomorrow.

Downloaded fine for me. May be the weekend before I play with it.

01001101 Guest

downloaded and successfully applied. looks like M$ has done their homework this time.

by the way, i've heard tales of this minibubba. where has he/she/it gone too? A PM would suffice :)

It still isn't the real real version? I mean it says preview. Well I don't know... I suppose a preview is an advanced showing of the product so I suppose it is real to a dregree. However, I'm waiting for the final release.
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

01001101 Guest

it's not the final version. there has even been talk of a RC3 before the final version is released. Consider it beta software, although it's really beyond beta stages at this point.

Thread Information