Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows update not working

Default Windows update not working

K i just reformatted and i tweaked the OS and installed all my software but then when i went to the Windows Update website i get this

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5116/error.gif.

Could it be one fo the services i disabled? Also i ahve service pack 1 if that helps.

Try again in a few hours (or tomorrow). I don't recall the exact error, but I get a message from time to time if the servers are too busy or my ISP is having a fit.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ok i tryed many different things and none of them worked s0 i reinstalled windows and it works now, but i have also had another problem. My internet connection isnt working correctly. It works fine when i turn on my computer but after about five minutes of surfing it doesnt work anymore. I tryid resetting the modem and it didnt work. I aslo tried updateing my NIC drivers and still ti doesnt work after about five minutes.

ok my internet seemes to work fine now but now my windows update does not work again. It must of been something i did in the winxp tweaking guide. Are there any services that are required for windows update to run properly?

nvm, i figured out what was wrong. The thing was that i chnaged the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion

and i changed the program files directory to a different partision while the windows update files were on the the other partision. So all i ha to do was copy and paste the windows upate folder into the other partision. Thanks for your help anyway
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 07-01-2004 at 05:10 AM.

Thread Information