Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP Home Windows Explorer

Angry XP Home Windows Explorer

Having issues with Windows Explorer. It crashes every time I right-click on file folders.

Even Dudebox Explorer, (for use with my Dell Jukebox MP3 player), crashes with I right-click on a folder to transfer to the MP3 player.

I've tried what I know so hopefully someone can shed a little light on this problem. I tried to repair Windows with the OS disk and I am one crash away from reinstalling XP altogether.

Any help would be appreciated.

I dunno about this one, install and run Ad-Aware 6, AVG Anti-Virus (Only if you don't already run an AV), and Spybot S&D.

Well, I ran the latest SpySweeper and Kapersky Anti-virus. No joy at all. I can still drag files within Windows Explorer but no right-click.

BUMP!

Still no suggestions? I am still one step away from formatting and reinstalling XP.

Even x2Explorer crashes. I've tried every tweak and setting I can think of.

Default Re: XP Home Windows Explorer

Have you tried reformatting and reinstalling windows?
    -Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

Hmmmmmmmm

try the same in safe mode. See if itd dtill happening. If yes try this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

and this

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

if not u seem to have a virus try an online virus scan which is free at

pandasoftware.com or trendmicro.com

Red face Re: XP Home Windows Explorer

I had the same problem and here's what worked for me. I had recently updated to Webroot's "Spy Sweeper" 3.0. In the options page, there is an option to "Add Sweep for Spyware to Windows Explorer Context Menu". This is checked by default. If you uncheck this option, the problem should go away -- it did for me. Spy Sweeper has released an update (build 129) to address this problem, but it is not entirely successful. Just uncheck the option.

If you don't have Spy Sweeper 3.0 installed, look for another recently installed application that adds something to the right-click menu. Try to disable it.

Hope this helps.

Steve

QUICK, BUY A MAC

Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Thread Information