Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: This months pc dilema.:(

Default This months pc dilema.:(

Came home and was informed the wifeys Compaq WinME was once again on the blink.
    Windows opens with a "Found new hardware" screen. It is showing the floppy drive (A:) as new hardware. Hit "search for new driver" radio button and get a "cannot locate" message. Then I get an error box with the following message in it: Enum\HTree\Root\O
    SuregCreateKey failed!

Any ideas what the heck is going on? Wifey says she did absolutely nothing to the pc. I have heard that one before....:) Thanks for any replies.

Default Re: This months pc dilema.:(

Got this rascal myself..........:) If this happens to anyone who might be reading here, boot to safe mode with a floppy. At the a: prompt type in
    scanreg /restore (note the space after the scanreg). Simply pick a date when everything was working, reboot, and all should be well again....:)

Or you could get rid of ME because it's such a bad OS ( i never liked it anyway). I know money is tight these days, but you could get XP Home upgrade for really cheap now-a-days anyway!
    -Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

The wifey loves her Compaq 633, with a whopping 64meg of ram. It has the matching speakers, with the color co-ordinated fabric and plastic..:)

Forget XP, but 98/98SE is much better than ME. You could get that for next to free.

Thread Information