Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xp Pro

Default Re: Xp Pro

OK i figured it out my F lock was on oh boy .But i wen't out and bought i new OS XP Home 170 bucks this time but at least i know its a legit copy. But i have a new problem i bought a dvd rom awhile back it ran ok on ME but dosen't show up on XP.The BIOS is showing it. The manual says Please refer to windows 95/98/NT & OS2 Warp installation guide ,Installation of OS2 operating system,please select NON"LISTED IDE CD ROM/ DVD ROM to install the ATAPI IDE interface CD ROM/DVD ROM Other wise the drive can't be detected by the OS. What the heck is WARP Iv'e tried it on Master /Slave & cable select still no show Thanks

F-Lock... Logitech keyboard?
    It is almost always the little things.

If you're using an OS2 installation guide to install your DVD unit, I think we've found your problem. You're not running OS2 Warp, you said you're running WinXP Home. OS2 Warp was IBM's solution to a more user friendly Windows NT. Bottom line, it sucked. It was a decent enough OS but had huge problems with compatibility with hardware and software both.

The first thing to check on the DVD player is the jumper settings. If you're sharing it with a CD-RW drive, make the CD writer the master and the DVD the slave. A wrong jumper setting can toast the whole IDE channel so start there and we'll go on if necessary.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

My Primary & Secondary have yellow !
    OK i got my Prim & Sec back Now i have the dvd hooked up by its self as master windows say's found new hard ware ide dvd rom but wont show it in device manager.
    Last edited by Budlite; 07-20-2004 at 05:21 AM.

Well, do you have your motherboard/chipset drivers? Or, more accurately, a place where you can download them? That might be the problem for some reason.

Now this generally happens if u have a raid or SCSI controller. If u do u need to install them press f6 during install to do so. The other problem could b that u have function lock key on the keyboard. (probably fn lock) try puttuing that on. Or try a diff keyboard. if that does not help try this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q315349

might help
    Regards
    Arvind

Thanks for the help guys .It was a bad drive so wen't and got a new DVD drive a works like a dream does'nt take much to screw up a whole system does it XP hasn't worked better than it is now. Thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information