Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Task Manager Disabled...

Question Task Manager Disabled...

Hi Guys,

I have a Windows XP machine here and I have found that the Task Manager option via Task Bar has been greyed out (disabled).

Also when I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL I find that the Task Manager button is also unavailable.

I know that the OS can be configured via Registry, LPO and domain level GPO to be disabled, in which the user can be notified by the system that the Task Manager has been disabled, please contact the Administrator.

I have checked the Registry, Local Group Policy and also Domain level Group Policy and none of the above is responsible for the Task Manager to be disabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Vio|37; 07-20-2004 at 04:34 PM.
    [COLOR=sky blue] CASE -[/COLOR] Antec Plusview 1000AMG |[COLOR=sky blue]| PSU -[/COLOR] Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt |[COLOR=sky blue]|HSF -[/COLOR] ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ |[COLOR=sky blue]| CPU -[/COLOR] Intel Pentium 4 3.4Ghz |[COLOR=sky blue]| MOBO -[/COLOR] Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 21) |[COLOR=sky blue]| RAM -[/COLOR] Corsair TWINX 1024MB DDR (PC3200LL) |[COLOR=sky blue]| VIDEO -[/COLOR] Palit Daytona GeForceFX 5900 |[COLOR=sky blue]| SOUND -[/COLOR] Creative Audigy 2 Platinum |[COLOR=sky blue]| HDD -[/COLOR] x2 Western Digital JB 120GB (RAID 0) |[COLOR=sky blue]| CD -[/COLOR] Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW |[COLOR=sky blue]| OS -[/COLOR] Windows XP Professional SP1

Default Re: Task Manager Disabled...

I had that same problem with my task manager.

This program should fix it. :)

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

The download is at the top left hand corner. Hope this helps.
    Dell Dimension 2400
    P4 2.8Ghz
    Geforce Fx5200 64mb PCI
    512mb ram

Thread Information