Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need Help - Problem with reinstalling Windows XP Pro

Default Need Help - Problem with reinstalling Windows XP Pro

Hi folks, I can really use some help now.
    This is the story. There was something wrong with my Yahoo web email. Some buttons like ¡°send¡± ¡°delete¡± ¡°mark as¡*¡± I cannot click, so I figured it could be a problem with IE. First, I ran SpyBot and AdAware, found no problems, and then I decided to reinstall IE. Did not work as expected. I followed the instruction from Microsoft¡¯s page, changed the data value of the corresponding entry of value data to 0 and ran the IE set up program, it kept saying that I have a newer version thus set up cannot continue. That left me no choice, I went ahead and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. However, half way of the installation, this error message popped up:

Unregmp2.exe ¨C Entry Point Not Found
    (Stop sign) The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

I'm totally clueless now and I can't start windows anyhow. At least I need to get into windows and do a system restore. But I manually shut down the computer and restart, the computer keeps reinstalling windows and asks to insert XP Pro CD to continue.

So that's the story, any help would be appreciated!!

Default Re: Need Help - Problem with reinstalling Windows XP Pro

If it's past the plain old blue-screen DOS-like parts of loading Windows, your pretty much SOL when it comes to gettnig into Windows unless you have another install on a different partition.

Hmmmmmmmm That keeps happening if u have install wmp9 on the computer the work around is

hold down shift and f10 that will give u the commandpromt now type in taskmgr.exe that will give u the taskmanager. Now end process unregmp2.exe and application.If that does not help keep hitting on ok till the message disappears. Probably about 50 - 60 times. Let me know wat happens

Regards
    Arvind

Try going here....

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;873284

My neighbours pc was coming up with the same message on startup and reinstall. I followed their instructions and it's gone now.

Hope that helps.

Thread Information