Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Mail problem

Default Yahoo Mail problem

Hi, this happened about 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to find a fix.

In my Yahoo Mail window (mail.yahoo.com and log in), I cannot click "Delete" , "Spam", "Mark", or "Move", nothing will happen if I click on them. Same thing happens when I try to compose an email, the "send", "save as draft", "spell check", and "cancel" buttons just don't work. I think it's a problem with IE 6, but I've even reinstalled XP Pro, and it didn't help. Strangely enough, I downloaded Netscape and it worked for Yahoo Mail's site without any problem.
    I really need you guys to help me on this one, I really want to use IE for my Yahoo Mail. Thanks a lot!!!

Default Re: Yahoo Mail problem

Hit Ctrl+F5 while viewing the Yahoo! Mail, that will do a forced total refresh of the page.

Hi, amd_man2003
    thanks but it didn't work, and now I just realized it's not only my Yahoo Mail, it's also hotmail or actually all those grey buttons that you see in a web mail. So it's definitely something with the IE, maybe a missing file or a misconfiguration something.

Still need help, thanks guys!!

if its something wrong with IE try reinstalling it.

Just get Mozilla from my singature. IE should only be used for stuff Windows Update (and any ActiveX stuff that doesn't work in Mozilla).

Hi, KoolDrew, I've tried reinstalling IE. I downloaded ie6setup.exe from Microsoft, but it keeps saying I have the newer version and set up cannot continue. I even reinstalled XP Pro yesterday.

Yawgm0th, I'll try Mozilla, but I still like to use Yahoo mail with IE since I been using IE for a very long time now and although some of us all know that it sucks.

IT probally could be fixed but your probally better off using firefox insetad anyway. Its much better then IE.

You still had the problem after reinstalling XP Pro?

But Mozilla is more secure and has a better interface anyway. Takes a little getting used to, but tabbed browsing is insanely convenient.

ya i love the tabbed browsing feautur. Also with the tab extension its kool because all tabs open back up when you open firefox agains o i can always have all my favorite sites open. Opera does this too, but i think firefox with a few tweaks and extensions makie it much better then opera

I have the same problem to a certain extent. there is something weird happening when XP pro coincides with IE6, for some reason IE6 doesnt run javascript very well, if at all in some cases, for some reason in my case every internet explorer 6 window is completely closed as soon as java is enabled on the webpage. Until the solution is fixed it is best to stick with NS5 or below, because NS6 has some weird thing about not reading anything HTML except HTML4.0 which is painfully, ehh... whats the word... oh yeah, strict :-/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information