Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP administrator privelages, plz help

Default XP administrator privelages, plz help

hi,

my ******* brother has set all accounts on my computer but his on limited accounts. which means i can't do **** on MY computer. i can't do a system restore or anything because i don't have privlages (which would change my account back to administrator). what can i do to fix this?

btw, this is xp home edition

thanks

Default Re: XP administrator privelages, plz help

- Kick his butt until he gives you the password for his administrative account?
    - Wait until he accidentally leaves with his account still active?
    - Reformat and install WinXP fresh?

That is about as deep as I will go here because we'll not talk about bypassing the Windows security features here.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

the first one won't work because he's 6' 4" and will kick my ass in turn.
    the second won't work because he's smart about things like that.
    the third would but that's a ****load of crap to go through, especially on my computer, and i would lose all my stuff.
    so i think i will give you my email address and we'll see what we can work out with that last comment of yours.

email: (Edited Per User Request)
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-11-2011 at 02:04 PM.

How about you tell him you're going to reformat if he doesn't give you administrator access to your computer. Why does he have access anyway?

You can also reinstall XP without a reformat. I wouldn't suggest it unless you really have to, but it'll work just fine. Some programs might not work right, but many will. Anything you wanted should still be there.

Just another reason why everyone should use dual partitions. One for the OS and productivity software, the other for gaming and any vital data. This way when you scrap the primary partition to reinstall Windows, you still have all your important files intact.

As to my last comment, no elaboration is necessary. YES I know how to bypass certain Windows security features and NO I don't discuss them with folks outside my field. We don't deal in hacking systems here so I won't be letting you know how to crack the system.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Since we are not talking abotu how to bypass the password (theres many ways though) you would ahve to get the password from him or reinstall like evryone else said.

amd_man edit: No more of that crap.
    Last edited by amd_man2003; 08-03-2004 at 04:36 AM.

If you want to find out how there is plenty of search engines on the Internet, thats as far as we're going to go, End of Discussion.

Thread Information