Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Exclamation Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Guyz when i install SP2 it says that i got wrong cd key, i downloaded sp2 normaly through win update, so if i download your versions will it be checking my cd key ?
    Last edited by TRIBAL-PHoENiX; 10-29-2004 at 09:26 AM.

Default Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Sounds like you're using a pirated version of Windows. All the SP2 updates check for a valid key that I am aware of.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Post Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

[Content Removed] Read the rules, absolutely no piracy talk or keychanging, no exceptions.
    *AMD edit
    Last edited by amd_man2003; 10-29-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Unhappy Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

NO PIRACY :'( ME POOR GUY < GUNNA LIVE WITH SOME CRAPY FIREWALLS THAT GO ON SP1

how should dial-up users such as myself access SP2 w/o downloading the file? It would take me forever to download 266 mbs or whatever the file size is. Do i have to buy a cd somewhere?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...s/default.mspx

The version on Windows Update isn't nearly as large, but you can get the CD for free anyway.

so why isnt this file as large? what is missing from it.

Where can I get the cd for free? will microsoft send me a free one in the mail? is there some store i can pick it up from?

-edit BTW, if i have the SP2 downloaded on one computer, how do i move it to another one? i just discovered that my friend has it downloaded on her computer and i want to move it to mine. how do i do this?
    Last edited by Chaos; 11-11-2004 at 01:29 AM.

It's just a one-time file for installationg of that computer, while the file that was here was before it SP2 was released on WU and is meant for network installation.

Seriously, do you have problems with clicking links? Iposted a link to where you can order the CD for free. Links are highlighted in blue and underlined by default, for future reference.

I doubt it, unless she downloaded this big file. If you can find the install file, just move it your computer. Otherwise, get it yourself via ordering the CD or taking forever to download it.

sorry bout that. i thought the link u had there was the download page.
    ya, no luck finding the install file from the other comp.

I am scratching my head... I have a question maybe someone can answer... This is weird. I am am using the same windows XP Pro I have always used.. I have 4 computers at home.. 2 desktop HP's an HP laptop and a Dell laptop. They all run XP pro with the same copy. Yesterday I formatted them all and successfully loaded my XP pro on both desktops and the HP laptop, and was able to do the online SP2 updates without a problem, I did them yesterday. Well... I loaded up my dell laptop with XP pro and no problems, but when I go to the windows update for the SP2 , it dosnt do anything.. my browser just sticks there at the page that says its "checking for the latest version of windows update software..." I dont understand why it would let me do all my other 3 comps like normal and now this. Could there be something wrong with my laptop maybe? This is a fresh XP pro install. I am online, have high speed, can surf around and stuff.. But cant get past that checking for latest version page and sometimes it will actually crash and lock me up. really ODD I think maybe its got to be my laptop causing it.
    Last edited by MnCableGuy; 11-22-2004 at 06:01 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information