Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sp2 popup blocker wont shut off!

Default Re: sp2 popup blocker wont shut off!

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your advice, after 2 months of searching for an answer your suggestion did work yesterday ot the popup links on this page. http://www.northjerseyjobs.com/jobsearch.html

Unfortunatly when I restarted my computer this morning the links didnt work again. The options you suggested are still intact. I have all popup blockers disabled, I have every option enabled in my internet settings. The download popup window still works though.

I use spybot, adaware and spyware blaster. I have allowed the site in all 3 programs. any idea why it would stop working after a computer restart? Also I have an identical computer with the same setup with most of the internet settings disabled and the popup blocker on and that computer still opens the links.

Thanks in advance,
    Kaz

One word - Firefox
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

I have installed several alternative browsers, firefox being the first and I have the same problem in all browsers.

Kaz

Ok I am getting closer, it has somthing to do with norton antivirus 2004. Now I just need to figure out how to disable it without completly shutting down my antivirus.

Testing here at work has shown something... interesting.

If you cancel a request for a page (esc, or the stop btn) the pop-up blocker will automatically block all further popups from that site. It doesn't matter if the popup blocker is on or not.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this, please share.

thx

leave it to Microsoft to come up with some crap...i too am having issues with pop up blocker from SP2. since we are stuck with IE only in our corporate environment we can not do any alternative browsers...we also cannot have other alternative pop-up blockers so i know thats not the issue...So with that in mind anyone know how to completely destroy Windows SP2 pop-up blocker from the system? thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by kgburns
    One word - Firefox
    oh i agree...one more word LINUX

Had the same problem. My problem was that I was also running Webroot Spy Sweeper. If you you launch SpySweeper and go to Shields --> Web Browsers Tab, then look under Critical Web Browser Shields, you will see IE Hijack check box. Uncheck it. All my problems went away. Remeber to re-enable it later on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information