Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Terminal services or remote desktop connection

Default Terminal services or remote desktop connection

I have an old Pentium 2 PC at home which I want to use with newer applications, so I'd like to set it up as a terminal from a new PC running Windows XP Pro or 2003 Server.

I've tried using Remote Desktop Connection on Windows XP, but it forces me to close any sessions active on the server PC. So I want to try using Terminal Services but I can't find it in Windows XP. Is this feature only present in Windows 2003 Server?
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Default Re: Terminal services or remote desktop connection

Using Remote Desktop connection I'm now able to log into the Windows XP Pro PC from the older PC, but if I log on from the older PC the user working in the new (terminal server) PC gets disconnected. So right now I have 2 PCs that only work for a single user at a time. Any suggestions on how to solve this?
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Default Re: Terminal services or remote desktop connection

try a version of VNC, personally I like tightVNC

others include realvnc, ultravnc, tridavnc, etc.
    #

Thread Information