Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Homepage

Angry Homepage

A spyware may have creeped into my system. My homepage always points to "about:blank", and I can't get rid of it. Can anyone help!!
    Intel Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.33.00GHz | BIOSTAR TP35D2-A7 P35 | XPertVision GeForce 8600GTS 256MB DDR| Seagate Cheetah 37GB SCSI 10000RPM | Hitachi 320GB SATA | Seagate Tape Drive STT20000A | PATRIOT 4GB 800DDR2 | LG DVD16XReWriter | Motorola SURFboard CableModem | PanaScope SP900 | Intel PRO/1000 CT Network | CoolerMaster | Enermax | WinXP PRO SP2

"I once tried sniffing coke, but the ice cube got stuck in my nose"

Default Re: Homepage

Grab CWShredder and Ad-Aware from my signature and see if they fix your problem.

THat nailed a friends workplace computers. Then again he said it was a matter of time since they have no AV or firewall on their server. Their "IT" dept only knows how to turn computers on and how to load a program. They apparently are to cheap to hire someone to clean their system up and are opting to reformat the whole system (30 or 40 computers throughout the shop).

That's really said, considering literally thousands of different spyware can cause that and it's usually incredibly simple to fix.

Thread Information