Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Image Burning

Default Image Burning

Ok, I just downloaded some files for a program that I want to use, and it says that I need to "either burn/mount image" in order to proceed to installation. What does this mean, and more improtantly, how do I do it?

I have a CD burner.
    P4 2.6 (HT) ~ 1.2 gigs PC3200 ~ SB Audigy LS ~ Logitech Z-640 ~ GeForce 6600GT ~ 40 + 250 Gig HD ~ 17" Samsung Moniter

Default Re: Image Burning

Are these .iso files your talking about?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

No. They are .bin, .cue, and .nfo. I think this is an image of another disc, but when I burned it, nothing happened.
    P4 2.6 (HT) ~ 1.2 gigs PC3200 ~ SB Audigy LS ~ Logitech Z-640 ~ GeForce 6600GT ~ 40 + 250 Gig HD ~ 17" Samsung Moniter

The nfo file should tell you something about what you need to do. You might be able to view it by opening it in MSWord using unicode or wahtever. There are also free nfo viewers available. Try Googling.
    THe BIN files might be opened by any number of programs but I'll bet the nfo tells you which.

Nero can open these files. The .bin can also be converted to ISO.

You can burn them with programs like Nero, CDR-Win, CloneCD, etc.. Or you can mount it with something like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools... etc.
    All around me are familiar faces
    Worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for their daily races
    Going nowhere, going nowhere

As has already been stated Nero (as well as most good burning programs) will work for this type of file. You will not be able to simply burn the files as data though. What you are looking at is, indeed, a disk image and it must be burned as such. You will need to set your burning program to burn a disk image and point it toward the .cue file. It should then create a complete copy of the original disk as long as the bin and cue files are in the same folder.

It is my understanding that the .cue file tells the burning program how to recreate the original disk that the .bin file contains. The .nfo file is usually additional information that you may or may not need in order to install the program and is easily opened with notepad. Do not burn the .nfo file to the image disk.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Thread Information