Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to make new Windows Xp cd boot?

Default How to make new Windows Xp cd boot?

I've recently assembled a new PC and now I need to install Windows Xp in it. My college is kind enough to give free windows xp cd key to the students in computer related major, like myself. So now I've got the cd key and for the CD, there's an executable file that I can download from my college's website that contains windows xp installation file, which then I can burn into a blank CD. I can run this windows xp cd in a windows environment, but the problem is I can't seem to make it boot for clean install. How do I make this cd to boot? Do I need to burn some other files into the cd? I have my one of my friends' original windows xp cd that I can use, so that's no problem.

Default Re: How to make new Windows Xp cd boot?

If you have antoher CD, it was be easiest to just boot from that CD and install with this one. Actually, it probably won't even matter which you install from, assuming the college gives a legitimate key or you have one.

Thread Information