Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: chkdsk

I have been running winxp pro since nov with great success, however. After having a ram prob & replaceing the stick I have created an error that is a fit to fix. Doing the "check for errors" thing; rite click C: select properties, I only get thru phase 3 of the scan & stops! So rebooted to "safemode with command prompt" c:\chkdsk and got thru three scans & script stated "can not complete as there are errors on the drive and the F parameter is not specified" NTFS file system is locked.
    what & how to fix this:eek:

It would seem that your file allocation table and/or the file catalog have been corrupted.......I think you could be up for a full reinstall after fdisking with XP's own utility......I've had a couple of strange ones like that before and the only way out was to fdisk, format and reinstall......

Hope someone else can offer a solution other than this....good luck
    The older I get...the better I was

Dang it I just new someone was tell me that. You are rite too;)

But as long as it's still running ok or next weekend, whichever comes first, I'll just let'r be:( Thanks for the help folks..

I'd agree with oldbugger

sounds like a clean install is needed

Thread Information