Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screensaver won't start

Default screensaver won't start

Hi does anybody know what would cause my screensaver from not starting. Have it set on 1 min and tried all the screensavers that came with XP ,nothing happens iv'e done a spyware check with ad-aware and spybot and virus check all clean haven't loaded any new programs or any thing i press preview and that works Is there a setting in regedit if so how do i find it.
    Thanks to who replies

Also i just checked the power options dosen't work ,wont turn off monitor or hard drive won't even hibernate no matter what it's set at?
    Last edited by Budlite; 11-14-2004 at 11:08 PM.

Default Re: screensaver won't start

Have you installed all the necessary drivers for your motherboard? Mine needs to have additional drivers, on top of chipset and sound, just to use the various power saving options.

Iv'e had xp running good for about a year now and all of a sudden it won't go into screensaver and Power Options won't shut down monitor or anything every thing else works fine must be a driver or file messed up i guess. sure would help if some one had any ideas what to do here i don't wan't to have to reload xp.(I had system restore turned off)so thats not an option.
    Thanks for the replies in advance//

You could try reinstalling drivers, but I find it odd that this just randomly started happening. Did you do anything different right before this problem started occuring?

I found Directx 9c did that to my computer for about 10 mins befor I rebooted, but you have most likley tried that already. Just saying that some software may set some settings out of wack so to speak. Take a look around for any Settings that you dont remember changing, and you may want to consider runing Ad-Aware and whatever virus scaner you may have.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Iv'e used Ad-aware/spybot and ran Antivirus the system is clean It's almost like it's disabled. Is there any thing in the registry or any where that it might need to be activated again or something,It's a odd one

Like yawg said try uninstaling the drivers and intsallthem again. See if that works.

Wich drivers should i reinstall (display drivers)

If you're having problems with "power-saving" options, such as screensavers and hibernation, reinstalling any relevant motherboard drivers would be smart.

Thanks for the replies I have found the problem it was my mouse the wheel wasn't working properly Thanks again//

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information