Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Post why you hate Windows here!

Default Post why you hate Windows here!

I hate windows. I mean, if windows were a person I would kill him. Slowly.

Why do I hate it you ask? Heres 10 of my hundreds of reasons:

1. Unstable
    2. Expensive
    3. Not open-source
    4. Made by Bill Gates
    5. Horrible programming
    6. The worst kernal construction ever
    7. Countless bugs
    8. Hackers love it!
    9. Too basic interface
    10. Doesn't truely utilize hardware.

So why do you hate windows?

Default Re: Post why you hate Windows here!

I do not hate Windows at all. I like it much better then linux. And many of thoise reasons you put are not good reasons. Windows is perfectly stable if tweaked properly. I have never had any problems. Windows is alos best for gaming and really easy to use. I do agree with you that it is a bit expensive though.

And ther only reason hackers love hackjing windows is because the mojority of people use it. It has nothing top do with Windows itself. And actually I have heard from tons of people a linux machine is easier to hack into then a windows machine. Tis could be due to the fact that many people who use linux thgink they will not be hacked and do not run any type of security.
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 11-18-2004 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_jones_2004
    After reading a few other threads by this person today I can safely say that this person should not be allowed to even touch a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_jones_2004

Why do I hate it you ask? Heres 10 of my hundreds of reasons:

1. Unstable
    2. Expensive
    3. Not open-source
    4. Made by Bill Gates
    5. Horrible programming
    6. The worst kernal construction ever
    7. Countless bugs
    8. Hackers love it!
    9. Too basic interface
    10. Doesn't truely utilize hardware.

So why do you hate windows?
    1. Agreed there, although later versions have stability comparable to Macintosh and Linux. Still not as good as Linux, but it's stable enough that I'm not bothered.
    2. Yeah, but that's why I use not-so-legal versions for myself. It would be nice for everybody else if it weren't so expensive, though. That said, it's not even all that expensive. Window XP Home Edition can be acquired for an amount that won't empty the pockets of somone who can actually afford a computer that can run it.
    3. Oh please... If you aren't a programmer, then this is largely irrelevant. Even if you are a supporter of the open-source industry (as I am), this is still and invalid complaint. If Windows were open source, it would be even easier to find security flaws, and that makes things harder for most people.
    4. Bill Gates hasn't been personally involved in the programming of any version of Windows I've ever used on my own machines, and I wouldn't care anyway. Have you ever bought a product made by Asian children working in sweatshops? This is a retorical question, as I know you have, since you're using a computer.
    5. Refer to 3. Are you a programmer? If so, have you personally seen the programming of Windows 2000 or anything newer? If so, what's your point of comparison? Free or cheap operating systems that aren't capable of supporting most hardware or have problems with functionality and ease of use?
    6. Are you reffering to NT, 9x, or the DOS kernel earlier versions were based on? Again, what's your point of comparison; have you used every other kernel in existence?
    7. Very few operating systems are any different; Windows is more popular, so the bugs will be more noticable.
    8. This is just erroneous. No one who loves or even uses only Windows can be referred to as a hacker, based on the definion of "hacker" that most hackers will tell you. Crackers and script kiddies love to attack it because of its popularity, but they rarely have any love of the operating system itself.
    9. Again, what's your point of comparison? Linux? Mac? Solaris? By "basic" do you mean lacking in features, lack of ease of use, both, or something else? The interface seen on a *NIX OS can have both, depending on the shell used. The shells that don't have those problems are comparable to Explorer in many ways.
    10. Name an operating system that does. Hell, Windows actually utilizes hardware much better and much more than any other system, depending on the application. If it's any sort of 3D rendering or highly-graphical gaming, Windows is the almost without exception only viable choice. Linux drivers are the OS itself are simply not designed to handle such things, and performance will almost always be worse. The same is true with other applications, though the opposite is true in many applications and instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayout44
    After reading a few other threads by this person today I can safely say that this person should not be allowed to even touch a PC.
    I can also agree there. This is the type of thing you'd expect from a game of online Counter-Strike...

Kool, that web site is a joke. The "Microsoft Invades Cuba" on the right should have given it away.

I know its been a while since this has been posted to, but here is why I hate Windows:

It is an alright system, I commend it's ease of use and user friendliness. I don't care about the programming aspect as long as it works when I put it on my computer - I care but only to a certain extent. I think the main problem I have with Windows, which I believe is present in all Operating Systems, is that it crashes over the most stupid things. And when it does crash, it get pretty annoying especially when you have work open and it just decides to crash over something stupid like a program driver... Sometimes I'd be like, "BYPASS THE DAMN THING THEN!" I've had almost every copy of Windows including Windows 3.1/3.11, Windows 95/95b, Windows 98/98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home/Pro, and even the new beta, Windows Vista... I've even had legal and illegal copies. Right now, I am totally 100% legit, and I have just as much problems with a brand-new computer as the clunkity piece of junk I got rid of. I know MAC is exactly the same with some of their programming, depsite the fact that people say it doesn't crash, I know it does... I can say that Windows is very flexible in terms of upgrading and repairing - It is very straighforward. I've tried fixing a MAC computer and I'm still stumped. If it was a windows computer, even without an OS disc, I would have had it done within a couple of hours. While Windows isn't the best sytem out there and while I'd rather have a Mac, I don't mind having a bit of ease knowing I can fix my computer myself if something goes wrong...
    --Mjha--

Thread Information