Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Laggy DVD playback

Default Laggy DVD playback

i have this laptop PIII 1GHZ, 256MB ram, when watching DVD the cpu usage shoot up to 100% leading to a laggy playback (i'm using PowerDVD for playback). I tried few tweaks to windows xp and disabled most display effect yet i couldn't solve the problem. Can anyone help me with this? If not, it seems that i have to format again...

Default Re: Laggy DVD playback

I too use PowerDVD and have used it successfully on lower end systems without problem. Have you checked out the Task Manager to see if anything else is kicking up in the background? If all looks well and you're sure you're not infected with some virus or spy/malware, you might try installing the DVD player in another system to see if it is functioning properly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

well, everything else seems quite alrite...though i have 4 svchost.exe is this normal?

I would try switching all services that you dont require to run windows off. For example firewalls and virus checkers(do not be on the internet when you do this). system monitoring software etc. Then open Power DVD. I say this because some software can interfere with this and make the playback poor. I would then slowly reintroduce the software if the solution resolved the problem and try to locate which program is causing problems with the dvd playback. You might then find some other software with the same function that does not affect the dvd playback. I know for sure that in the past I have fixed machines with norton on where it was affecting dvd playback.

Thread Information