Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hd ?

1. Default Hd ?

hey friends.
    I just got a new hard drive and I benchmarked it and my main windows hard drive.
    results:

BLUE = My main os drive RED = my new drive.

Should I use the new (red) hard drive as my main os now? Will it make much of a diference if i do? If installed linux would it be faster, or just stick with pro?

thanks!
    Last edited by ZeAliOuS; 12-17-2004 at 12:10 PM.
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

Default Re: Hd ?

Linux tends to be faster than Windows in a lot of applications (assuming you're not using one of the more user-friendly distros which are often slower), but you'll be very disappointed if you try to use it for gaming.

As for where your OS goes, I doubt it will make much difference for most uses unless one drive is faster (silly benchmarks aside... I mean a 5400RPM drive and a 7200RPM, or some other reason that should make it faster) or of a different interface. In any case, it'd be nice to know more about the drives (ie brand, speed, size, interface) for those of us who don't feel like looking up, or even reading model numbers.

Thread Information