Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Let's talk System Recovery Software

Default Let's talk System Recovery Software

I've been using PowerQuest V2i Protector 2.0 Desktop Edition to create a back-up image so I can boot my PC into V2i Protector's recovery console so I can restore my entire XP Professional system in minutes (IF I ever needed to do this sort of thing)

Since Norton has bought out PowerQuest, and I'm not able to get any support due to this product being dumped, I'm looking for a similar program.

I found a prog at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/ but haven't had any feedback from anyone more knowledgeable than I that let's me know whether this is a good alternative, or not.

I would appreciate any leads on this prog, or any other program that would suit my needs. I run a small business that cannot afford any downtime and would like to be completely prepared to restore my system at any given time to it's original state.
    Signature:
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Default Re: Let's talk System Recovery Software

I have heard many good things about Acronis True Image

EDIT:
    You can get a discount here:
    http://www.tweakhound.com/sales/acronis.htm

Default Re: Let's talk System Recovery Software

honestly, the PowerQuest HDD imaging software was an inferior product. I should know, I must use it on a near daily basis. Since Symantec already provided a superior product ( Symantec Ghost), there was no reason to continue the powerquest version (at least in a business sense).

I am not too familar with the Acronis software, but Symantec's Ghost is the de facto imaging software in the corporate world for a reason.
    #

Thread Information