Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: vfat in win xp

Default vfat in win xp

Hi everyone
    I am a windows user who had enough with windows crap so a week ago i had this fine idea, once everyone is talking so much about linux it must be good. The truth is linux is good but for those who know how to use it and those who have the time to learn how to use it. The problem is that when I installed linux I replaced my windows hd with it. My 2nd hd was a fat32 storage disk. Without a notice linux seems to have changed the fat32 system to a vfat. As I saw in other threads this is how linux can view and edit files in fat32 systems. Because I'm kind of time pressed I switched back to win xp to continue my work. Now windows cannot access the 2nd hd.It is there, in the device manager appears to work fine but is missing from "my computer". Fdisk reports that the hd is a non dos partition. Is there any way I can view, edit, manipulate my data there? Is there any way I can return my hd to fat32 without having to repartition it and lose all my data?
    HEEEEEEELP

Default Re: vfat in win xp

Don't blame linux for you not paying attention.
    #

Default Re: vfat in win xp

I'm not blayming linux, I just need a solution. Is there any?

Talking Re: vfat in win xp

stellar phoenix is a way I found to do it but you have to have the money to
    do it

Thread Information