Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows Media Center 2005

Default Windows Media Center 2005

Is it possible to install Windows Media Center 2005 on a new Hard Drive without booting with the Windows Media Center CD. My computer doesnt have the option to boot from the CD Rom Drive.

Ron

Default Re: Windows Media Center 2005

If your computer doesn't have that option, it probably can't run Media Center. What kind of specs are on it?

The MoBo is a Soyo P4x400
    Pentuim 4 processor
    512GB of ram
    200GB Maxtor hard drive
    Pioneer DVD Rom drive
    1.44 floppy drive
    Matrox 550G Video card
    Diamond max sound card.

I can definately run the program. Can I install it using the Windows XP set of floppys first and then the dvd rom drive to install it with the Media Center CD.

Not that I know of. Go into the bios for your motherboard and change the boot order so that the cd drive is first.

you know i've been wondering if Windows Media Center could be installed via an OPK, like most windows installs. You know the peer to peer network installation method with the technician computer and the master computer?

i guess this proves it can be done: http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...ter+2005&hl=en

or here if you just want the PPT file: http://www.ts2seminars.com/resources...ll_MCE2005.PPT

Thread Information