Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Product Code Issue

Default Product Code Issue

So, after a recent problem with my computer I decided to go the route of a complete Windows XP re-installation.
    I've done this before with no problem, but this time for some reason its not letting me install updates.
    The Windows site is claiming that my copy of XP Pro has an illegal/stolen product code.
    Completely mental, yeah? I paid a buttload for this damn thing, and like I said... I've done this before with no problems. I'm not smart enough to bootleg software anyway.
    (And pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that you could not bootleg copies of XP anyway cos of the anti-piracy crud thrown in there)

Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Product Code Issue

contact microsoft, explain the situation, they should, upon proof of purchase, issue a new product code.

Has anyone else had access to your product code?? if they have the code may be listed as stolen due to too many registration attempts.

Good luck.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Thread Information