Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Kids online/offline?

Question Kids online/offline?

Hi TT gang, I would like to know if there is a Windows program 'out there' to limit online time, like two hours each evening. It would be nice to be able to set a timer on the modem. Thanks….

Default Re: Kids online/offline?

What version of windows (if windows) and what ISP are you using?
    There are certainly many programs that monitor internet usage and can enable them and disable. I googled a few and it came up with a million results. Most of the decent ones are shareware so if you don't mind spending a few bucks you can get one that will stop your modem and figure out the prices and everything.
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/M...et-Timer.shtml
    That works with all versions of windows and has a million settings ($30 to buy). I would try it out first.

Default Re: Kids online/offline?

Thanks eat@joes
    My sister has WindowsXP/SP2, uses Netscape ISP and has unlimited access and there are no phone charges. The problem is that my 14 year old nephew gets up in the middle of the night and gets online for hours. I am just looking for a simple program to limit the modem usage too two or so hours a day and not work outside the set times.

I appreciate your help….

Thread Information