Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: x64 freezes spuratically

Default x64 freezes spuratically

When I'm playing any type of media, mostly mp3s, Windows x64 will lock up for about a second and then continue. It it constantly does this, especially when it runs auto play. Is there something I can do to stop this? It almost feels like it has trouble loading or running something fast enough to keep up so it locks up for second. I have a gig ram, run the mp3s from a USB 2.0 HD, and run an athalon 64 3400+ under windows x64. Also, is there a guide to tweak x64? I've seen one on planetamd64 but it's not real in depth. I don't want to mess with my registry and config until someone else has :) I need help! the freezing makes me angry! Thanks.

Default Re: x64 freezes spuratically

Oh yeah, it even freezes when I'm running windows media player. So I know it's not a software issue.

Did you manage to find the X64 drivers for all of your hardware or are you attempting to use WinXP drivers? ....just an idea....
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Yeah, I actually didn't have to install much. Windows recognized most of the devices except the video card but I already got that fixed. Although it may help to update them from the manufacturer...good idea. I'll google some too if I can find any related problems.

Found the problem. For some reason chat programs like AIM and Trillian cause that to happen. I'm not sure if it's because they're still 32 bit applications and Windows doesn't like them or what. I also don't know if that happens to anybody else.

Thread Information