Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP and IE

Hi all,
    I have XP Pro set up with two user accounts. IE6 works fine in my account but whenever anyone uses the other accout, IE6 freezes and I have to end task. I've deleted the account and recreated it, same thing. I've deleted the account and created a new one, same thing. I even used the guest account, same thing. The only account that works is mine, which is an admin account. Even if I change the other accounts to be admin accounts, IE6 still locks up. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed or does anyone know how to resolve this.
    Thanks in advance
    HT

XP has different settings per user, so check what all the settings are in your account that works, then ensure that they are the same in your other accounts.
    There are also options to do this for you in various snap-ins for mmc but with onlt 2 users you may as well do it maually.
    Failing that, try and install ie from the users account that it wont work in, if nesacery you can use the "run as" option by holding down [shift] and right clicking.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Thread Information