Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get rid of microsoft messenger

To get rid of Messenger, put this command in the "Run" window:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

I don't see why you guys want to get rid of it all together. It's 2 MB and you can disable it so it's around when/if you need it.

If you simply open it and disable it starting with windows and all the other preferences it will leave you alone, but it will be around when you need it for OE and Hotmail.

Stop the MS bashing too. MS may make some stumbling programs that are too bulky and bloated, but they've made computers accessable to morons, which means that we all get software/hardware cheaper because of economies of scale. So thank MS for the proliferation of computers to morons, it always make things cheaper.:shoot3:
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Corduroy... perhaps you'd like to tell this 'moron' how to disable it! It's always nice to have good manners when you post... don't you think?

If ya open Messenger then go to tool/options then to preferences and untick the 1st box from the top which is to start it with windows. There is also an option in Outlook Express in XP for also disabling it when opening Outlook. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks Wiggo... problem solved! :thumb:

Hey n/p as I hate it when it pops up especially as I use Trillian. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information