Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Default Re: Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Inimbrium
    Mate, you are a genius!

Thanks. I had the unfortunate coincidence where I installed the validation tool before SP2 also, thus was stuck in a dead end.
    I registered just to say that.
    Glad I could help. And a side note to using that method is, be sure to turn on automatic update and you won't have to keep typing that in. And you'll get your updates automatically then. (I'd still use the javascript method every once in awhile though just to make sure you're getting everything you need).

Alright so I tried "the url" right before I click express or custom, but after i download SP2 and try to install... the final error is given that its not a valid copy... I also tried trixie WGA workaround through Trixie and that didn't work either, and that didnt work either... and lastly I don't have that damn Manage Add On button every1 is speaking of... Anything else I can possibly try? Appreciate any help

You're the first one that's ever told me it hasn't worked...... are you sure you typed it in correctly (and hit enter)???

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

Hi,
    I know that the Windows Validation update is uninstallable, so my question is: Does it change your bootup process at all? In order for my son to play some downloaded game, we had to install a dotnet fx program. It changed our bootup process by stopping at a password window. The password window had our account, a guest account, and some ASP account. We only had to click on our regular account to continue booting, but I just didn't want to have to do that everytime. Does the Windows Validation process cause anything like that to happen? I have also never ran the Windows sp2 pak either, because I've read that some software/programs have trouble running after that's installed. Any comments on that?
    Thanx!
    Mike

TOKER that didnt work...i typed it in (actally i copy and pasted it in) and it didnt work...i too dont have that stupid manage add ons button i am hearing so much about...do ppl even look at this anymore?
    is there a java program i need to install (i just installed 5.0 run time envirtonment) so im at a loss...is there ANY toehr way to make this bloody thing work!?

If you're on Win XP SP1...

run windows update and get to the screen where it says "you don't have genuine software blah blah..."

Close your browser, and open it up again by going to windows update.

The first screen you should be presented with should say Express or Custom install.

This is where you paste javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all') into the address bar at the top then press Enter.

Now choose custom install.

I have just this second formatted and re-installed and this method works fine. There is no 'Manage Add ons' regardless of going to the Tools menu, or Tools > Internet Options > Programs in SP1, you're wasting your time looking for it.

If you've install a version of windows that includes SP2, then you can follow the 'Manage Add-ons' version to get round it.
    I'm just a guest, mofo!!

That Manage add ons does not work any more. You can not "disable it" anymore. I can't anyway, but posting that Java script "DOES" work. I just did it.

Lightbulb Re: Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

I see this thread is alittle old... but anyway :)

A friend just send me an email:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/archive/...p/t-20742.html

just tried to update windows and had to install a new validation tool. found the above link. used the javascript thing and works flawlessly. only problem is... I need to enter it in the url bar every time I want to update.... know of any other more permanent method???
    I responded with:
    You could bookmark it... well, kind of, IE sucks for this and make it a long proccess to create your own bookmark....
    I dont have this problem (i use the add-in option or what ever its called) so this is all off the top of my head, you will have to test it out once your done.

With IE go to google and add the google page to your favorite list...
    Now go to your favorite list and right click on the google entry and select Properties.
    In there (Web Document TAB) change http://google.com to javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all') , it will ask you are you sure or somthing about not being the corret protocal, just click OK or what ever will let you make the change.
    Now you can re-name the link by clicking the General TAB and keying what ever name you want.
    Thouhgt someone else might find this useful.

_
    |
    - http://wiki.anotherwebcom.com
    What was once an opinion, became a fact, to be later proven wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by ThomsonMike
    Hi,
    I know that the Windows Validation update is uninstallable, so my question is: Does it change your bootup process at all? In order for my son to play some downloaded game, we had to install a dotnet fx program. It changed our bootup process by stopping at a password window. The password window had our account, a guest account, and some ASP account. We only had to click on our regular account to continue booting, but I just didn't want to have to do that everytime. Does the Windows Validation process cause anything like that to happen? I have also never ran the Windows sp2 pak either, because I've read that some software/programs have trouble running after that's installed. Any comments on that?
    Thanx!
    Mike
    This extra passworded account appears after installing the initial dot net framework. It goes away when you do the important dot net framework service packs by going back to windows update. As for not using sp2, modern gfx drivers meant for sp2(as of aug2005) can make the computer unstable and not function correctly when used with non sp2 xp. I suggest you get every available update from windows update.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

This may be old news by now but you do know that you can uninstall the WGA software of course.

It's set in the registry not to show in the add/remove programs list but you can do a quick regedit and then simply uninstall it.
    Cheers
    JBD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information