Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: xp pro registry help please

Default xp pro registry help please

I have P4 titan 8S655FX processor P4. I scaned my pc last week with norton 05, found over 15 infected files at high risk in the registry. I deleted all unknowing which ones to delete or suppose to be kept. after windows did not start. I stays where the windows logo comes with blue background and freeze there. It is like deadend. I dont have xpress recovery CD. I tried installing xp pro by going into advance cmos setup selecting first boot device CD so I could install xp again when I restart but something does not let the pc to read the CD and the logo comes again and remain. I dont know what to do it seems like I have deleted some files from registry to run the pc properly that it is not working anymore by the it is not letting me go on to the Safe Mode as well please somebody helpppp

Default Re: xp pro registry help please

If you cannot get into safe mode then you're on the right track by reinstalling the operating system. If it isn't booting from the CD because of an error, then see about looking into that error and fix it. On some motherboards you have to hit the Enter key or similar to boot from the disk in the drive. Otherwise, the disk you're trying to install from could be damage or corrupted. You might try another disk to see if it allows you to reinstall the OS.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I'm not real sure why you decided to quote yourself, but the original post was regarding a system not being able to boot properly from a CD disc. Given the fact that the motherboard noted should have this capability, there is a problem that needs to be addressed that is likely hardware related in nature.

Something else to consider is the fact that odds are good one would have to go directly to the fdisk function by using your method of booting as a vast majority of WinXP machines are utilize NTFS, a file system that is not even recognized or seen by Win9x or its associated DOS mode. The NTFS partition would have to be removed and then rebuilt. Then you would have to format the newly created partition only to reformat it yet again for the NTFS that will most likely be used when WinXP is loaded back onto the system. And you STILL would not have addressed the issue of the machine having problems booting from a CD disc.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Something similar to that happened to my son awhile back and all he did was put the programs he deleted onto a floppy disc and it let him install them. Then he was able to get into safe mode and fix the problems ....

Thread Information