Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows ME Service Pack

Question Windows ME Service Pack

I believe i read there was an unoffical Windows ME service pack, if so can I have the link. My friend needs to run an older PC and I believe i read this pack fies a whole ton of bugs and such. So, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Windows ME Service Pack

See my signature and the first result of this.

I did google it, and from what you are saying (Unless something went stupidly wrong) the 98SE Service Pack is the same as the one i'm looking for?

All Win9x operating systems are generally lumped together because they all share the same core system files as a rule.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Alright, thanks for the support.

Not in this case. The 98SE unofficial service pack is only for Windows 98SE.

That's wierd... I could have sworn there used to be an unofficial ME service pack there. It's seems to be gone.

i tried do some other searches on it, I can find the people that made it yet, they don't have a link to it.

8. Default Re: Windows ME Service Pack

Windows ME? I'm sorry, but I've had so much trouble with that retarded operating system it's not even funny. We scrapped our old dell because it got one of the viruses that gets in through internet explorer without even using it. Windows claimed that it was just for XP, but it destroyed our computer.
    Even before that, the computer totally crashed about five times. Reinstalled about 6 or 7. After that, it stopped recognizing windows update long before it got the virus. Microsoft offers very limited support and the operating is prone to crashes and frequent lockups.

My suggestion: I would upgrade to 98, 98SE, or XP. Yes, I said upgrade to 98.

I am surprised the computer has survived this long without crashing!

My computer origanally had ME and I know all about it's "Way of Life", trust me. but, my friend is cheap, I've tried to persuade him into upgrading. But, you know, ignorance is bliss...

They never got around to developing that one as there was just no where near enough interest in it (just fix the missing system files, add IE6sp1 and then go to windows update but yes, I'd prefer 98SE or XP as well).

Thread Information