Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista

Default Re: Windows Vista

I have a friend who had Vista (I don't know how he got it) and he said it was junk and I had to see for myself. So after he removed it from his computer, I borrowed it and installed it. I thought it was OK but it wasn't anything to jump at, I guess mainly because it is still in testing stage, but I think that this new Windows is going to be way over priced and it's going to be XP with some extra eye candy and a few new tips and tricks here and there, but I'd that this is a program that can be categorized as a "Wait until it is in the bargain range" or "Wait until it comes with a new computer that isn't over $700"...
    --Mjha--

It's not done yet and there are a lot of features that have yet to be implemented. Wait for it before judging. Hell, I tried a Longhorn (Vista developmental code name) Alpha that was basically XP with a stupid clock and poor driver support, but I'm still betting Vista will have something worth offering.

Now that I think of it. I agree. I was actually impressed to a degree when I upgrded from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I thought I had the best OS in the ever(until the stop errors started). And I was young and naive, but I relatively liked Vista. I was scared to install it at first and luckily I installed it on a seperate partition b/c I couldn't use any of my programs when I tried re-installing them. I think If I could have used them, I would have kept Vista but it was taking up space and I had an ever growing need of space for my music collection... I'll have to wait and see what it brings, I still think the price is going to be ridiculous, but it may be a worthwile program...
    --Mjha--

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    It's not done yet and there are a lot of features that have yet to be implemented. Wait for it before judging. Hell, I tried a Longhorn (Vista developmental code name) Alpha that was basically XP with a stupid clock and poor driver support, but I'm still betting Vista will have something worth offering.
    I don't. Man, that clock was pretty obnoxious too. If I want a huge gay analog clock I will go to Target and buy one for $5.

LOLOLOLOLOL True! But, I'm not going to pay for it until I download it for free and try it first or unless I get it free (legit, but free). Somebody gave me a copy of XP b/c they couldn't put it on their computer. I'll download Vista and if it's good, I'll buy it (if I have the money), if not I'll take it off and go back to XP or I'll just keep using until I have the money to buy. I like to try before I buy, not drive 20 minutes to the store, pay $200, install it, not like it, then have to drive all the way back... I'll try, then pay...
    --Mjha--

No need to justify yourself. I do that with almost all software I use...

True True.... I'm going to buy Macromedia Studio 8 soon myself. I really love the program and I've had it since Studio MX, but I want to learn how to use it first. They'd prolly still send me to jail tho...
    --Mjha--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information