Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Machine_check_exception

Default Machine_check_exception

Hi guys,

I run an athlon 64 3500+, with 1gb of ddr Ram (2 x 512), and a 300gb SATA hd. The mobo is an ASUS a8v deluxe.

I recently installed the bittorrent client Azureus, and after a little bit of use, i got the bsod IRQ_Less_Than etc...
    I removed azureus, and have had no problems since, except on occaision, a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. I am confused as my pc is now nearly 1 yr old, and i have never had any serious probs, stability has always been great. These crashes don't appear to be linked to any one thing, my running temps are fine (35C).
    I ahve not yet run memtest or anything, as i wondered if this had happened to anybody and there was a simple explanation? :D
    nothing is overclocked by the way.
    Thanks in advance
    John

Default Re: Machine_check_exception

Right,
    in addition to that last post, since then, my wireless conection has become very unstable. On several occasions, my wireless zero config service has locked up in the stopping state, leaving me no option but to reboot my pc.
    I have run prime95 for several hours with no errors, and the blue screens are very sporadic (sometimes after 2-3 hours, sometimes after days). I have a feeling its in someway linked to the wireless setup (marvell libertas card, and netgear dg834gt router/modem).
    I find this all rather bizarre, as my system was solid as a rock up until Azureus was installed.
    Any thoughts are welcome.

John

Default Re: Machine_check_exception

The plot thickens, I thought that it must be my wireless pci card (marvell libertas softAP) causing the problems, as on several occasions, the wireless service foze, and i was unable to restart it, looking in the device manager, it said during this time, that no drivers were installed for the card. After a reboot, all would be fine for an hour or so, then it would blue screen or reboot again, i must mention, that when i get the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bsod, it hangs on the screen, it does NOT reboot.

To remedy this, i disabled the pci card, and installed a usb netgear wirelss adaptor (WG111T). Thought all was fine, no blue screens for a few hours, but then the connection started dropping. Then, it just locked up and did the same thing as the pci card (said in device manager that no drivers were installed), after a reboot it would be fine for a little while. Then this morning, my pc froze and didnt reboot, i restarted it, and saw in the even viewer that there was an event id 55, ntfs, saying the file structure was corrupt, chkdsk ran on startup and deleted and recovered files (current bearshare downloads). This is only the 2nd time i have seen this error.
    Also got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bsod last night, so ran memtest, no errors.

Am at my wits end, please, has anyone got any ideas, other than formatting, by the way, my harddrive is a 300gb SATA, in RAID.

John

Thread Information